October 05, 2019 - October 15, 2019
Samaritan’s Purse Teams challenge you to serve God globally, on a journey that will connect you with new people, places, and cultures in developing countries. Millions of people around the world live in situations of great need. Samaritan’s Purse Teams give groups and individuals the opportunity to respond to our hurting world in accordance with Samaritan's Purse charitable objects. Our hope is that each person on the project will come away having experienced God in a new and exciting way and return with a deep desire to serve the Lord with renewed passion. We also ask that each participant prayerfully consider ongoing support of Samaritan’s Purse Canada through praying, giving and going.
Before You Start...
Filling out this form will take 20-25 minutes. Please read all sections of the form thoroughly as you complete them. You should complete the form in one sitting; it is not possible to save your entry and resume the application later. To help the process go smoothly, we suggest you get a few things ready in advance. Grab your passport and scan it or take a picture, gather reference contact information from your pastor or employer, and be thinking about your medical background and spiritual journey. (Note: You will need to provide your provincial health care number as part of the medical background.) This will ensure a successful, uninterrupted form submission. For those applicants under the age of 18, please have your parent or guardian with you while completing this form.
Awesome! Now let's get to it.
Responsibilities of Samaritan’s Purse
Samaritan’s Purse commits to:
- Organize logistics and leadership: including coordination of flights, accommodations, ground transportation, all in-country logistics, team leaders, and medical personnel when necessary.
- Provide financial management: including in-country expenses and providing tax receipts for donations made to Samaritan’s Purse.
Responsibilities of Team Members
By submitting this application, you are affirming your commitment to be part of a team. As an SP Team member, you commit to providing financial support through personal sacrifice and/or fundraising. You are also expected to prepare yourself spiritually, mentally, and physically.
Spiritually: SPC expects that you have entered into this opportunity thoughtfully and prayerfully, and that you will continue to pursue spiritual growth throughout this endeavour.
Mentally: As a team member, you are expected to:
Demonstrate an attitude of service and flexibility by participating in pre-trip activities; committing to serve the team, leaders, and ministry partners; understanding that changes will occur; and recognizing that personal comforts and preferences may not always be accommodated.
Take time to learn about the culture and people of the host country. Learning some of the language and making an effort to understand and be sensitive to the culture should be part of your preparations. This includes making an effort to attend one day of training and orientation provided by Samaritan’s Purse in a city near you.
Physically: You are expected to prepare yourself physically for the demands of being in an unfamiliar environment. Exercise, vaccinations, and packing appropriate medications are part of physical preparedness.
Code of Conduct
All team members and leaders will be asked to acknowledge and agree to the Code of Conduct to ensure consistency in attitude and conduct.
I recognize and accept the following conditions which will further the usefulness and safety of our project. If accepted as a member of this Samaritan’s Purse Team, I agree to:
- Adopt an attitude that I am on this team to try to understand the host culture, not to convince them of my own viewpoint or style. I know that there are many different ways to accomplish the same objective, and know that my way is not necessarily the best.
- Abstain from making derogatory comments or partaking in arguments regarding people, politics, religion, race, or traditions.
- Go as servant-disciple of Jesus Christ and will adopt that attitude when dealing with my fellow team members and the people I meet during the trip.
- Accept and submit to the leadership role and authority of the team leader and promise to abide by his or her decisions concerning this missions trip.
- I will attend any and all team meetings and devotional times called by the Team Leader.
- Refrain from meddling, complaining, and obscene or insensitive humour. I understand that travel, especially to remote locations, can be difficult, and I promise to adopt a flexible attitude and be supportive as plans may need to be changed. I understand that I must travel with the rest of the team, unless other prior arrangements are made.
- I will interact with all members of the team even if a loved one or close companion is traveling with me.
- I will not initiate or seek new romantic relationships with anyone during this trip.
- I will stay with the group while traveling and while on the field and not wander off on my own excursions or adventures. I understand that team and individual safety is of utmost importance and I will not compromise mine or the team’s well being.
- I will respect and follow safety guidelines and practices that are in place to protect team members and national staff while on a work site.
- I will refrain from using tobacco or alcoholic beverages for the duration of the trip. Additionally, I will abstain from any illegal drugs or prohibited activity while on this trip.
- I agree not to use inappropriate or crude language and not to promote views inconsistent with the SP Statement of Faith. (This can be found at: https://www.samaritanspurse.ca/our-statement-of-faith/)
- Refrain from giving gifts, such as money, clothes, jewellery, electronics, etc. Although the intent of the giver is good, the result after we leave can cause problems for our host, and jealousy and bitterness amongst those who received no such charity.
If you do not agree or if you have questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tip: use your camera or phone to take a picture of it or scan it.
Powered by Piczard - Free Community Edition.